- Do liberal democracies have the moral, political and intellectual resources to fight the politics of fear and cruelty? A discussion, and some proposals, by prof. Seyla Benhabib
- The controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) is widely seen as a frontal attack on the secular character of the Indian Constitution, the principle of equality, and it openly discriminates against the Muslim minority. Is India turning into a Hindu’s nationalist state?
- As Kashmir simmers under military siege, ruling BJP are experiencing a different, bureaucratic way to crack down on unwanted religious minorities. Turning towards red-handed violation of Indian Constitution’s secular spirit.
- How did we get to the point in which Dutch politics is so polarized that the parliament contains both the far-right anti-immigrant Forum voor Democratie (FvD) and a pro-migrant party like Denk?
- Data, politics, NGOs, racism, Matteo Salvini. What’s going on in Italy with migrants and refugees.
- Is Daesh really over? Unfortunately not, and the organization can take advantage of the chaotic situations in both Iraq and Syria.
- Lebanon is hosting approximately 1.5 million Syrian refugees, (almost 25 per cent of Lebanon’s population), of which one million are officially registered with the United Nation, and mostly live in informal camps (known as informal tented settlements) scattered around the country.
- It took no longer than two days to bring the territory back under the control of the Regional Government of Kurdistan at the end of 2014. In the space of 48 hours, the Iraqi army and the Hashd al-Shaabi shi’ite militia integrated into it took control of Kirkuk, it was swiftly followed by the recapture of Dibus, Makhmur, Khanaqin, Jalawla, Gwer, Bashiqa and Sinjar.
- The history of borders – ancient, modern, colonial and so on – along with the tragedies of those straddling them, is nothing new. Every time there is a change of flag, the integration processes are further complicated, often resulting in unresolved identity issues, discontent, legals claims and conflicts.