- Sinem Adar and Yektan Türkyılmaz investigate on the results of the latest Turkish Municipal elections. What explanation lies behind Erdogan’s electoral fiasco?
- The election of Donald Trump but not only: all the causes of the recession in Iran.
- The last 40 years of the history of the Middle Eastern country from the point of view of a special witness
- Nilüfer Göle, is a well-known Turkish sociologist based in Paris. In the last 30 years she has been dealing with the development of the Islamic religion in Europe. Her studies are mainly concentrated on the disputes about the presence of islam in the European public space.
- The Syrian war seems to slowly be reaching its end and Assad’s regime may no longer require a strong military presence of foreign fighters on its soil. But what about the welfare system those foreign fighters have helped establish? Would it also disappear with the retreat of Shiites militias? If so, then the government will remain interested in having Hezbollah on its territory to support its very delicate attempts to mend the deep fractures that the war created inside the Syrian society.
- The political rift between Christians is an element of powerful destabilisation for the entire region.
- Within the past two months, Iranian editors have been cutting the number of pages and newspapers they publish — at least one daily has closed shop entirely. This is not due to government censorship or a sudden drop-off in readership: there is simply not enough newsprint to go around.
- It is March 7th 2013. In a few short months Father Paolo Dall’Oglio will be taken prisoner by ISIS in Raqqa, right at the beginning of his mission to save others who had been kidnapped in Syria since 2011.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo laid out a list of demands on Iran in a speech threatening to “crush” the country on Monday. His bellicose words come weeks after President Donald Trump pulled the United States out of the Iran nuclear deal and are nothing short of an ultimatum demanding Iran’s total surrender to U.S. wishes.