The presidential topic only represents a piece of a very complex puzzle: Algeria, the oil giant of the African continent like Nigeria, has not yet managed to diversify its economic framework.
Contributors Federica Zoja
- In 2016, Loubna Bensalah walked a thousand kilometers across her country, Morocco, to better understand herself and her fellow citizen women. In 2018, she transformed these marches from personal encounters into collective ones, naming the project: “Kayna [I exist and act, in the Maghreb Arabic dialect, ed]—To conquer public space through women’s marches
- A year ahead of legislative and presidential elections, Tunisian politics appears to be in a period of intense upheaval. Prime Minister Youssef Chahed’s position has been wavering for months. Meanwhile, the economic malaise of the population deepens by the day.
- The Arab spring uprising opened the way to public debates inconceivable in North African countries before 2011. Yet, the reaction of the Cairo authorities has been very hostile to “free thinkers”, including citizens who eschew religion.
- “Historical” and “strategic”. This was how Saudi King Salman’s state visit to Moscow, in early October, has been described by the Arabic and Russian press in celebration of the diplomatic rapprochement between the two countries. However, political reconciliation still remains far from being reached.
- hat leads young European boys and girls to radicalization and jihad fascination? Which are the inputs that convince them to become part of Daesh fighters?