Bolsonaro’s new Ministry of Education has spearheaded the anti-intellectualism advanced by the president. Since his election campaign took shape, President Bolsonaro’s persecution and revanchist attitude towards universities and academics have intensified the political division in Brazil.
- The EU’s worst paid teachers went on strike one month before the European Parliament elections. Their ongoing protest might have had an impact on the poll results.
- The number of incidents of communal violence in India increased between 2014 and 2017. What causes lie behind such clashes and what solution to tame further social tensions?
- How did we get to the point in which Dutch politics is so polarized that the parliament contains both the far-right anti-immigrant Forum voor Democratie (FvD) and a pro-migrant party like Denk?
- Sinem Adar and Yektan Türkyılmaz investigate on the results of the latest Turkish Municipal elections. What explanation lies behind Erdogan’s electoral fiasco?
- The latest analysis of Lorenzo Monfregola focuses on the three German left parties: Die Linke (The Left), the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SDP) and Die Grünen (The Greens). What are the parties strategies to gain political consensus on the wake of the next European elections?
- The streets of Paris in flames; the most ancient democracy of all overturned by Brexit; populist-held Italy tempted by the aspiration to dismantle the EU from within. What’s going on with European democracy, two months ahead of its key electoral appointment?
- How the demonization of ‘gender ideology’ has become a rhetorical tool.
- ResetDoc met the Russian philosopher. Although Dugin denies that he is Putin’s ambassador or his direct advisor, he confirms that the geopolitical strategies of the Russian president reflect his theories perfectly
- Nativism informs the way in which far-right organizations identify the members of the national community and those who challenge or threaten it.