A conference organized by Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations and Arab Media Report, with a contribution by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Università degli Studi di Milano Sala Napoleonica, Via S. Antonio 12 17 Settembre 2015
- Almost 25 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the process of “re-composition” of a Moscow-dominated political space is still under way. Under the influence of different traditions, factors, events and interests, Russia seems to have developed a new version of the “power state” that dominated European history until the 20th century’s tragedies. What was the weight of the Soviet legacy and of the crises of the 1990s in this development? What has been the influence of political leaders and intellectuals, siloviki, and economic elites on the current Russian political thought? To what extent have external factors – such as NATO enlargement, the enlargement of the European Union toward East and the ongoing crisis over Ukraine – contributed to shape this thought? What place for minorities and cultural differences does this political trend leave? How does the idea of a “power state” influence Russia’s foreign policy and international relations?
- Call for Applications for graduate students to attend the Expo 2015 Summer School. READ: Reset-DoC special focus – “Nourishing the soul. Food and Religions”
- Rome, 4-5 June 2015 9.00 am -6.30 pm Palazzo San Macuto – Sala del Refettorio Via del Seminario, 76 Rome. Italy
- The Istanbul Seminars 2015, organised by Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations in partnership with the Istanbul Bilgi University, will bring together for the eighth time philosophers, political analysts and sociologists for a week on the Bosphorus.
- Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations and Università degli Studi di Milano, in cooperation with Laboratorio Culture, Diritti e Istituzioni at the Università degli Studi di Milano and Oasis Foundation are pleased to invite to the following seminars, to be held in Milan, Italy.
- On the occasion of the screening of “Against the Current”, a documentary produced by the Lebanese Foundation Aydan on the theme of tolerance in the experiences of four religious figures in Lebanon, the promoters have organized a seminar aimed at discussing the current situation of interreligious dialogue in Jordan and in the region. The purpose of this event – the second one in a series of annual seminars on “Religions and Violence” – is to promote a forum of dialogue involving Jordanian institutions, universities and schools, also in view of Amman’s front line engagement for peace, tolerance and pluralism.
- Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations is pleased to present the new Reset-DoC special issue of Seminar magazine
- Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations organises two days of study and dialogue, one in Rome (December 3rd 2014) and one in Tunis (January 28th 2015). This comes after the approval of a new democratic constitution in Tunisia, after the October 2014’s general election and November-December 2014’s presidential ballot, held within the framework of the Arab Media Report project and together with Tunisian (Observatoire Arabe des Religions et des Libertés) and Italian academic partners (LUISS University).