These are the videos taken during the Conference Dimensions and Challenges of Russian Liberalism in October 2017.
- Maria Saadeh is a former independent member of the Syrian parliament (2012–2016). Nowadays she travels all over the world to represent Syrian civil society at public conferences. While in Milan, ResetDOC had the chance to interview her to find out more about her role as an observer and to get her take on the prospects for peace.
- To understand the rise of populism we need to engage and care about questions as dignity of work, uncriticized financialization of market driven economy, growing inequality, missing solidarity and the fear of immigration.
- “Citizens are not just consumers” says political philosopher Michael Sandel from Harvard University.
- Democracies need confrontation and debate in ethical and moral questions, says Michael Sandel.
- Ethno-nationalism is at the centre of debates on the involution of the political sphere in Europe and in the western world. Some political analysts interpret this phenomenon as a re-edition of the nationalism of the XIX century and the first half of the XX.
- On the 27th of September, we lost Alfred Stepan, “one of the greatest scholars of comparative politics”, in the words of Seyla Benhabib; an outstanding political philosopher who has left a strong impression on the comparative studies of religions in democracies.
- Ideally we speak of a democracy when individuals and groups are not stigmatised on account of their origins, their race, their religion.
- The image of Ebrahim Yazdi, who passed away at 86 years of age on the 27th of August
- “We are not winning in Afghanistan right now. We will correct this as soon as possible,” said U.S. Defence Secretary James Mattis during a recent Senate hearing.