Can the US regain its place as a beacon for democracy and multilateralism in the world? As the country moves closer to an election which could mark the end of a four-year long political maesltrom, Reset Dialogues discussed it with Thomas Wright, Director of the Brookings Institution’s Center on the United States and Europe and The Atlantic contributor.
- From France to the UK, from Belgium to Tunisia, the anti-racist protest stemming from George Floyd’s murder has become a truly global phenomenon. Just as the history of violence of slavery and colonialism at its roots. Houssem Ben Lazreg and Amira Hassnaoui retrace the link.
- How the murder of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter mobilization reshaped American public opinion
- Can democratic reason provide a solution to the moral dilemma of coming to the terms with a vicious past?
- Michael Walzer, Karen Barkey, Spencer P. Boyer, Sheri Berman, Jonathan Laurence, Rahsaan Maxwell. Six powerful voices, six prominent American political thinkers on the impact of George Floyd’s murder and the challenges ahead for US democracy.
- World-renowned pollster and political stategist Stanley Greenberg speaks to ResetDoc about the impact of nation-wide anti-racist protests on US politics and upcoming presidential elections.
- Nativism informs the way in which far-right organizations identify the members of the national community and those who challenge or threaten it.
- The topic of Istanbul Seminars 2011 is Overcoming the Trap of Resentment. How to counter the politics of fear in an age of migrations and uncertainty? Islam and the West: the challenge of pluralism as a new political attitude to be opposed to the polarization of cultures and identities. The research of antidotes to radicalism and xenophobia. A special focus of this year will be on the role of Islam in the public sphere of democratic countries and Muslim minorities in Europe, particularly the Turkish minority in Germany. The discussion will also touch upon the changes in progress in several Arab countries and their implications for Europe and all the Mediterranean area. More information by clicking on this link.