Despite the deadly pandemic, Hindu devotees renew the traditional yearly descent to the Ganges. A collective search for renewal and spiritual energy.
- A long-standing objective of Israel’s foreign policy, the pivot to Asia is a key factor in the current strategy of “normalization” of relations with several Muslim countries. And for a number of different reasons, it is showing increasing sings of success.
- An innocent kiss between a Hindu girl and a Muslim boy on the backdrop of a Hindu temple sparked controversy in India, and fury from the ruling BJP.
- Narendra Modi’s recent anti-Muslim moves are only the latest, explicit signs of an alarming trend. Yet India’s democracy is endowed with meaningful antibodies
- It has been one year since Kashmir was left numb, besieged by 38,000 additional troops adding to those already patrolling what is considered the world’s most militarized area. Without a voice, without reach, the world seems to have forgotten the Kashmir region and its people.
- Beyond the veil of diplomacy, insight into last month’s cruel border clashes reveals growing tension between the two Asian giants
- Well before, and after, the pandemic, thousands of people lived locked down within tiny, inescapable pieces of land. The crisis provoked by Covid-19 has only reminded us all how dire such reality is, for both human bodies and minds. Take Gaza, North Korea or Kashmir, three places where the lockdown is not bound to end with the epidemic.
- The sudden announcement of a lockdown triggered the biggest exodus India has ever witnessed since the Partition. 120 million migrant workers have remained with no protection, in the grip of hunger.
- While Prime Minister Narendra Modi was smiling and shaking hands with President Donald Trump, India witnessed a new wave of violence that targeted the Muslim minority in New Delhi. To what extent is its ruling party responsible for this?
- The controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) is widely seen as a frontal attack on the secular character of the Indian Constitution, the principle of equality, and it openly discriminates against the Muslim minority. Is India turning into a Hindu’s nationalist state?