The controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) is widely seen as a frontal attack on the secular character of the Indian Constitution, the principle of equality, and it openly discriminates against the Muslim minority. Is India turning into a Hindu’s nationalist state?
- A long-awaited verdict by India’s Supreme Court fails to punish the perpetrators of the most dreadful act of sectarian violence in the country. A new worrying page for India’s Muslim minority.
- As Kashmir simmers under military siege, ruling BJP are experiencing a different, bureaucratic way to crack down on unwanted religious minorities. Turning towards red-handed violation of Indian Constitution’s secular spirit.
- Gandhi’s religious vision encouraged multiple attachments, multiple belongings, and multiple religious identities. Is it not time that we challenge the idea of religion as an exclusive monolith.
- Kashmir has been buried under a thick silence. Local newspapers’ websites were last updated on August 4th while reporters had to transport their articles and photos out of the state on USBs, and many got their footages deleted. The government claims everything is under control and going back to “normal”, while pharmacies are running out of medicines due to the curfew and ban on movements.
- Two months after Rahul Gandhi first offered to resign, the Indian National Congress is still staring at political uncertainty. After a second, humiliating defeat in general elections, the party desperately needs a new strategy, narrative, and leader.
- India is becoming an increasingly dangerous and inhospitable place for its minorities and is drifting away from the secular character its founding fathers fought for is no longer in doubt. This is something Modi himself must realize.
- The number of incidents of communal violence in India increased between 2014 and 2017. What causes lie behind such clashes and what solution to tame further social tensions?
- The world’s largest democracy is getting ready for the parliamentary elections, and Indian parties are planning their next political campaign moves.
- The recent military escalation reflects the underlying dynamics of the never-ending Kashmir conflict.