- Sidita Trimi 29 August 2022The tale of a small minority of Albanian discent in southern Italy, now recounted in a Netflix movie, sheds light on universal questions on identity and integration.
- When a Vaccine Speaks Volumes: What the BioNTech Story Tells Us about Migration, Integration and DiscriminationGülay Türkmen 18 November 2020The “success story” behind the first Covid-19 vaccine, the social and economic ascent of BioNTech co-founders Uğur Şahin and Özlem Türeci, has resonated across German, Turkish and international media. Hiding some deeper, hard facts about migration and integration, in Germany and beyond.
- Matteo Tacconi 16 November 2017Preserved in the library of the Catholic seminary in Shkodër are a number of the very few books which have survived the blaze set alight by communists at the immediate aftermath of the war.
- Stefano Allievi 12 June 2017Islam in Europe has very different characteristics from where it is the majority religion. Specifically, the position of Islam in the public space in Europe is that of a minority in a pluralistic and secularized context
- Luca Steinmann 12 June 2017“I urge my brothers and sisters in Europe (…) to have five children, not three. Because you are Europe’s future.” It was with these words spoken in March 2017, that Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan