Riccardo Cristiano interviews for Reset DOC political scientist Cengiz Aktar on the Turkish nationalist-authoritarian shift. A 360 degrees picture of Turkish society and its relationship with politics, religion and the Kurdish question.
- For all its benefits, why is liberalism failing, and making so many people unhappy, asks Patrick Deneen? Liberalism failed because it has succeeded. Its liberation of the individual coincides with a sense of political and economic powerlessness for ordinary citizens.
- Bolsonaro’s new Ministry of Education has spearheaded the anti-intellectualism advanced by the president. Since his election campaign took shape, President Bolsonaro’s persecution and revanchist attitude towards universities and academics have intensified the political division in Brazil.
- The EU’s worst paid teachers went on strike one month before the European Parliament elections. Their ongoing protest might have had an impact on the poll results.
- How the eurosceptic Finns Party is changing the national agenda.
- How does EPP stand over the authoritarianism in Budapest?
- The main challenges that independent media outlets are facing in Hungary.