World-renowned philosopher Jürgen Habermas reflects on the West’s dilemma in framing its political and military response to Putin’s war on Ukraine
- Exploratory talks for an Ampelkoalition (three-way coalition) have started in Berlin between the SPD, the Greens, and the Liberals of the FDP.
- Two months ahead of Europe’s most-awaited elections, climate change and crisis management brutally enter the political game. Who will benefit from that?
- The experience of a German-based news website covering Turkey from abroad tells much on the virtues, as well as the limis, of transnational journalism.
- After the launch of Baerbock’s candidacy, the Grünen look well-positioned not just to enter the next German government, but to lead it. Businesses and allies are gearing up for the new scenario.
- The “success story” behind the first Covid-19 vaccine, the social and economic ascent of BioNTech co-founders Uğur Şahin and Özlem Türeci, has resonated across German, Turkish and international media. Hiding some deeper, hard facts about migration and integration, in Germany and beyond.
- The centrist extremism of Angela Merkel’s reign has reached its end and a new political course will soon emerge in Germany. The country must reach decisive conclusions on topics such as finance, defense, immigration, technological and energy autonomy. What future for the largest economy in Europe?
- The latest investigation of Riccardo Cristiano on the pivotal role of Pope John Paul II during the cold war. A multifaceted analysis on the man standing between two superpowers during years of uncertainty and incomprehension.
- Lorenzo Monfregola provides us with a detailed reportage on the stories that lie behind the most significant locations of the Berlin Wall. With the upcoming 30th anniversary of its fall, the Wall keeps talking about itself in the words of the locals and the chats of tourists full of curiosity and enthusiasm.
- As it enters a highly uncertain post-Merkel era, Germany needs to face a questions that shakes its very democratic foundations: far right extremism and political violence.