The latest investigation of Riccardo Cristiano on the pivotal role of Pope John Paul II during the cold war. A multifaceted analysis on the man standing between two superpowers during years of uncertainty and incomprehension.
- Lorenzo Monfregola provides us with a detailed reportage on the stories that lie behind the most significant locations of the Berlin Wall. With the upcoming 30th anniversary of its fall, the Wall keeps talking about itself in the words of the locals and the chats of tourists full of curiosity and enthusiasm.
- As it enters a highly uncertain post-Merkel era, Germany needs to face a questions that shakes its very democratic foundations: far right extremism and political violence.
- This analysis by Gülay Türkmen investigates how the ‘new wave’ of immigrants from Turkey tackle with the established perception of Turkishness in Germany
- The latest analysis of Lorenzo Monfregola focuses on the three German left parties: Die Linke (The Left), the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SDP) and Die Grünen (The Greens). What are the parties strategies to gain political consensus on the wake of the next European elections?
- Germany is not immune to the phenomenon of religious radicalism. Over the past six years, about one thousand foreign fighters have left Merkel’s country for Syria and Iraq to join ISIS and other terrorist groups.