Istanbul’s last surviving ‘Christian ghetto’ is a snapshot of religious freedom, sexual tolerance, and political pluralism, a place where minorities of every flavor go to be free.
- Turkey is one of the drafters of the Conventions which has helped shape the European liberal legal order. Ironically Turkey was and is an authoritarian state, treated as a liberal democracy by the European institutions.
- Cold weather, inadequate healthcare and Daesh cells are all threatening the refugee camps where thousands of Kurds have been displaced after Turkey’s military offensive last October
- Riccardo Cristiano interviews for Reset DOC political scientist Cengiz Aktar on the Turkish nationalist-authoritarian shift. A 360 degrees picture of Turkish society and its relationship with politics, religion and the Kurdish question.
- With the US completely out of the scene, the military operation against the Kurds consolidates the two clear protagonists of the new Great Game: Turkey and Russia. The Kurdish question remains, once again, unanswered.
- This analysis by Gülay Türkmen investigates how the ‘new wave’ of immigrants from Turkey tackle with the established perception of Turkishness in Germany
- Sinem Adar and Yektan Türkyılmaz investigate on the results of the latest Turkish Municipal elections. What explanation lies behind Erdogan’s electoral fiasco?
- The international campaign to support Osman Kavala’s candidature for the Nobel Peace Prize developed over an extremely brief period of time.
- Why did political Islam fail? And why did political Islam in Turkey, which started as a rising star turno into a political monster? Interview with Cengiz Aktar.