Riccardo Cristiano interviews for Reset DOC political scientist Cengiz Aktar on the Turkish nationalist-authoritarian shift. A 360 degrees picture of Turkish society and its relationship with politics, religion and the Kurdish question.
- With the US completely out of the scene, the military operation against the Kurds consolidates the two clear protagonists of the new Great Game: Turkey and Russia. The Kurdish question remains, once again, unanswered.
- This analysis by Gülay Türkmen investigates how the ‘new wave’ of immigrants from Turkey tackle with the established perception of Turkishness in Germany
- Sinem Adar and Yektan Türkyılmaz investigate on the results of the latest Turkish Municipal elections. What explanation lies behind Erdogan’s electoral fiasco?
- The international campaign to support Osman Kavala’s candidature for the Nobel Peace Prize developed over an extremely brief period of time.
- Why did political Islam fail? And why did political Islam in Turkey, which started as a rising star turno into a political monster? Interview with Cengiz Aktar.
- Nilüfer Göle, is a well-known Turkish sociologist based in Paris. In the last 30 years she has been dealing with the development of the Islamic religion in Europe. Her studies are mainly concentrated on the disputes about the presence of islam in the European public space.