In Lebanon, the pandemic was used by sectarian political groups as a pretext to reassert their dominance over the country – says prof. Mona Harb (AUB)
- Covid-battered Bulgaria is heading to polls for the third time in a year. But a hung Parliament looms, again.
- How has Islam reacted to the thoretical and practical challenges posed by the pandemic which has disrupted world societies for a year?
- Despite the deadly pandemic, Hindu devotees renew the traditional yearly descent to the Ganges. A collective search for renewal and spiritual energy.
- Albena Azmanova’s latest book invites to re-interpret the history of modern capitalism, and to analyse its crises and resilence under new light.
- The sudden announcement of a lockdown triggered the biggest exodus India has ever witnessed since the Partition. 120 million migrant workers have remained with no protection, in the grip of hunger.
- Mistakes, delays and a serious shortage of medecines and medical equipment are threatening Iran’s capacity to contain the deadly spread of Covid-19