On the edge of the most prosperous part of Europe, the Republic of Moldova is nonetheless one of the poorest countries of the Old Continent. Crushed between Romania and Ukraine, the country is experiencing a severe and ongoing political, economic and social crisis.
- How does EPP stand over the authoritarianism in Budapest?
- The latest analysis of Lorenzo Monfregola focuses on the three German left parties: Die Linke (The Left), the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SDP) and Die Grünen (The Greens). What are the parties strategies to gain political consensus on the wake of the next European elections?
- The streets of Paris in flames; the most ancient democracy of all overturned by Brexit; populist-held Italy tempted by the aspiration to dismantle the EU from within. What’s going on with European democracy, two months ahead of its key electoral appointment?
- The United States’ unilateral withdrawal from the Iranian nuclear deal (also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, JCPOA) has a range of important implications, further consolidating the international system’s pivot to the East.
- Before embarking on his European ‘renaissance tour’ Erdoğan had expressed his doctrine rather clearly, stating that, “we must reduce the number of our enemies and increase that of our friends.”