This volume gathers the articles presented at the Reset DOC Istanbul Seminars 2015, which took place at the Istanbul Bilgi University from May 26 to May 30, 2015. The 2015 Istanbul Seminars addressed the topic of “Politics Beyond Borders. The Republican Model Challenged by the Internationalization of Economy, Law and Communication”.
- The apparent demise of Russia’s liberal ideas and expectations determine the role of the remaining institutions and actors in promoting an alternative liberalism that, although weakened, remains credible. This second volume of Reset’s ‘Russia Workshop’ collects a selection of the ‘State and Political Discourse in Russia’ conference proceedings.
- Can Libya be a state under rule of law? Which conditions are needed to make it possible? What role can traditional family ties, relations between clans and the army as well as new generations have in the process of state-building?
- The monograph Gülen Media Empire, who contains Turkish, Italian, US authors’ essays, intends to analyse Gülen movement and its relations with media (TV, print, movies) with the purpose of spreading its ideology and its political and religious message.
- This volume, based on the proceedings from “The evolution of Russian Political Thought After 1991” workshop organized by Reset-Dialogues (Berlin, 22-23 June 2015), is aimed at analysing the cultural background of the political and economic élites in post-Soviet Russia.
- The Jasmine Revolution tore down the Ben Ali Regime, in what is increasingly seen as the only Arab Spring to have ended well.